[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 25, 2024, 08:48:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrongly accused ex-football star hoping NFL team gives him a shot  (Read 381 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: May 26, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »

LONG BEACH, Calif –  A onetime California high school football star who spent five years in prison on a false rape allegation is hoping that at age 26 he still has a shot at an NFL contract.

"I think that any team that gives me an opportunity will be really impressed with what I can do despite all of what I've been through these past 10 years," Brian Banks said Friday on NBC's "Today" show.

Charges of rape were officially dropped a day earlier after Banks' attorney gave prosecutors a tape in which his accuser said she felt guilty about making up the allegations in 2002.

At the time, Banks was a star linebacker at Long Beach's Polytechnic High School, with plans to play at USC. His dreams of an NFL career were derailed when Wanetta Gibson, his then 15-year-old classmate, accused him of rape.

Rather than face a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted at trial, he accepted the advice of his former attorney to plead no contest and served five years behind bars.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/26/wrongly-accused-ex-football-star-hoping-nfl-team-gives-him-shot/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews#ixzz1vzbT8HIo

Don't you have to be a true felon to be in the NFL?     /s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email