[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 01:45:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're FIRED! Celebrity chef Paula Deen is sacked by the Food Network just hours  (Read 445 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: June 22, 2013, 10:35:12 AM »

You're FIRED! Celebrity chef Paula Deen is sacked by the Food Network just hours after she begged for public forgiveness in bizarre video and apologized for 'inappropriate, hurtful' race slurs

Paula Deen under fire earlier this week when a lawsuit revealed she used racial slurs and wanted a 'plantation-style' wedding
    Deen admits to using 'N-word' and wanting black men dressed as slaves
    Due to appear on the Today show but pulls out of appearance at the last minute
    Hours later uploads a heavily-edited, grovelling video-apology
    Takes down video and uploads a longer one, rambling about her mistakes and apologizing again
    The Food Network announce Deen's contract won't be renewed at the end of the month
    Net worth of $17million from TV series, restaurants, cookbooks, kitchenware, cooking magazine and flavored butters

By Rachel Quigley

PUBLISHED: 08:36 EST, 21 June 2013 | UPDATED: 22:32 EST, 21 June 2013

1,132 shares

View
comments

Celebrity chef Paula Deen was today sacked from her job at the Food Network despite begging the public for forgiveness over her past use of racial slurs in a heavily-edited video apology.

A Food Network spokesman issued this statement today: 'Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month.'

Deen currently has three regular shows on the network, including Paula’s Best Dishes.

It came just hours after she released the 45-second video in which she says: 'I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong I have done. I want to learn and grow from this.

'Inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable. I have made plenty of mistakes along the way but I beg you, my children, my fans, my team, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness.

'Please forgive me for the mistakes that I've made.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345823/Paula-Deen-contempt-court-failing-turn-reel-obscene-vulgar-outtakes-pulls-Today-explain-past-use-racist-slurs.html

It is unreal to watch this event. Yesterday it was the top news story for most media. She used a un-pc word years ago and now is pure evil for most.  It is amazing to watch them destroy people at times.  Heck what about rap songs? they use that word all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email