[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 09:50:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baltimore news station FOX45 evacuated for bomb threat; suspect down  (Read 413 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: April 28, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/fox45-evacuated-after-reported-threat-vehicle-fire

BALTIMORE (WBFF) -- A man wearing some sort of animal "onesie" threatening to "blow-up" WBFF-TV was shot by police Monday outside of the station.

Three loud "shots" were heard and the man was see lying in the street. The suspect's condition was not immediately known.

The man broke into the Sinclair-owned Fox affiliate at about 2 p.m. demanding the news station cover a story about some sort of government conspiracy. The building was evacuated. Outside, a dark colored sedan was burning from its gas tanks.

Fire crews responded and extinguished a fire which appeared to have been set in the gas tank of a vehicle parked in the station lot.

According to the station's security guard an unidentified suspect threatened to "blow up" the building.

Evacuating staff spotted a man standing in the vestibule attached to the station lobby. He appeared to be wearing a bulky suit of some kind.

Police are on scene investigating. The stretch of W 41st Street in front of the building is closed.

"Someone came into the front of the building and they apparently said that they had some information they wanted to get on the air," FOX45 News Director Mike Tomko told reporters. "I came down at one point not knowing the person was in the lobby, near the vestibule area. He talked to me and was wearing what appears to be a full body white panda suit, surgical mask and sunglasses. He had a flash drive, said he had information he wanted to get on the air. He compared it to the information found in the Panama Papers. I told him, 'I can't let you in, you're going to have to leave the flash drive here and slide it through the opening.' He wouldn't do that. Apparently he had made some threats before."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email