[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 03, 2024, 12:17:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saber-rattling' N. Korea fires short-range missiles  (Read 5821 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: May 26, 2009, 10:06:48 AM »

I am sure that the hollow, worthless resolutions that the obama administration manages to coax out of the un security council will my much more important and effective than the hollow resolutions that the bush administration extracted from the worthless group of pudgy bureaucrats.

'Saber-rattling' N. Korea fires short-range missiles

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea fired two short-range missiles from its east coast Tuesday -- a day after conducting a nuclear test -- South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported, citing a South Korean official.

"The North is continuing its saber-rattling," the unnamed official said.

The firings came a day after the reclusive communist state conducted a nuclear test and fired another short-range missile.

U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said Tuesday the international community would not be intimidated by North Korea's "provocative and destabilizing" missile tests.

"If they want to continue to test and provoke the international community, they're going to find that they will pay a price, because the international community is very clear -- this is not acceptable, it won't be tolerated, and they won't be intimidated," Rice told CNN's "American Morning." Video Watch Rice's reaction »

The U.N. Security Council -- which includes North Korea's closest ally, China -- on Monday unanimously condemned Pyongyang's nuclear test as a "clear violation" of international law.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/26/nkorea.test/index.html

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »

"**** you, hans brix!!!"

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:45:33 AM »

the obama administration should announce that their new policy is for a full remilitarization of japan.  they don't have to mean it, but it would scare the crap out of the russians, not to mention the chinese, and they would be more likely to play ball and force north korea to stop lobbing missiles over the horizon, and detonating nukes.

and even if japan did remilitarize, it would take decades for them to get there.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 11:07:56 AM »

the obama administration should announce that their new policy is for a full remilitarization of japan.  they don't have to mean it, but it would scare the crap out of the russians, not to mention the chinese, and they would be more likely to play ball and force north korea to stop lobbing missiles over the horizon, and detonating nukes.

and even if japan did remilitarize, it would take decades for them to get there.

Interesting proposition.  I'll have to think on that a bit.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »

isn't that the kind of threat that you would expect to hear out of muammar gaddafi or baghdad bob?  and how much more debilitated does susan rice think the north koreans can be?

and throwing up the hards is precisely what they are doing right now.

North Korea 'will pay' over tests

North Korea will "pay a price" for the nuclear and missile tests it has carried out in recent days, the US ambassador to the UN has said.

Susan Rice said international pressure on North Korea would increase, until it realised the tests had left it "further isolated and further debilitated".

Her comments come a day after the UN unanimously condemned North Korea for conducting an underground nuclear test.

North Korea responded by firing two more missiles hours later.

Ms Rice told CBS news channel in the US that Pyongyang's actions were "clearly provocative and destabilising actions which threaten international peace and security".

"North Korea needs to understand that its actions have consequences," she said.

"The pressure will increase on North Korea, economically and otherwise, and North Korea will realise that its actions have only left it further isolated and further debilitated."

Ms Rice said the international community would not "throw up our hands and let them pursue this path" and that North Korea would "pay a price for their action".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8068619.stm

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:56:05 PM »

Report: N. Korea tests short-range missiles
Launches follow nuclear detonation that drew worldwide condemnation

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea has fired one more short-range missile from an east coast launch pad, a South Korean news agency said Wednesday.

Yonhap news agency quoted an unnamed South Korean government official as saying the short-range, ground-to-ship missile was fired into waters off its east coast Tuesday night.

Two missiles — one ground-to-air, the other ground-to-ship — with a range of about 80 miles were test-fired from an east coast launch pad earlier Tuesday, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported.

The missile launches came as leaders around the world condemned North Korea for its underground nuclear test on Monday.

Key nations met Tuesday to start discussing a Security Council resolution that could include new sanctions against North Korea for the nuclear test.

-snip-

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 10:43:45 PM »

how many of these things have they got lying around?  they have got to be in fairly short supply;  the first two misfired (a couple of years ago), and it's not like they are a mega-rich country.  you would think they would want to hang on to one or two of the damn things.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 10:51:26 PM »

how many of these things have they got lying around?  they have got to be in fairly short supply;  the first two misfired (a couple of years ago), and it's not like they are a mega-rich country.  you would think they would want to hang on to one or two of the damn things.

One would think they'd be running low....but then maybe he paid for the missiles by foregoing his weekly alcohol shipment.

Mike220

Cirrhosis the Wonder Dog

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:27:47 PM »

One would think they'd be running low....but then maybe he paid for the missiles by foregoing his weekly alcohol shipment.

I'd bet the Iranians are giving them a great Costco-style deal. There's a pretty big military tech exchange between them especially in missile technology. 

Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »

if they keep on "testing" them just to scare the sh*t out of people, there won't be any left to blow people's sh*t up with.  and that would be wasteful.  Angry Grin
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:48:30 AM by wretched excess » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email