[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 09:12:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rutgers Parents Outraged by Snooki Speech  (Read 785 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: April 03, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/04/03/rutgers-parents-outraged-snooki-speech/

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J.--Angry parents of students attending Rutgers University blasted the decision to pay Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi $32,000 to give a campus talk last week -- and said she should stay on the Jersey Shore, the New York Post reported Sunday.

"It's disgusting," said Nester Delgado, 43, whose daughter is a Rutgers freshman.

"Next year, is it going to be J-WOWW or The Situation?"

Parents fumed that Snooki was paid nearly $10,000 more than the $23,466 they have to fork over annually in tuition fees and housing to send their kids to the Garden State university.

"I don't think she's a good representation of a role model for my kids," said Christine Getz, 47, a part-time preschool teacher who has a son and daughter at Rutgers.

The boardwalk bimbo drew 2,000 students to both of her Q&A sessions Thursday night at which she offered tales of her rise to "guidette" stardom, and offered such advice as "When you're tan, you feel better about yourself," and "Study hard, but party harder."
They should be outraged.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »

NJ resident tuition and fees for an on campus student for 4 years is about $100,000.  and for your that, your commencement speaker is some semi-literate chick that I saw on TV last night giving a stranger a moni*cough*ca in the men's room of a dance club.

yeah.  that would certainly make me want to throw up.

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »

I'd be pissed if the university I go to had decided to bring an uneducated fool to speak as well. Was the choice in speaker based off a student led group?

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »

on the upside, it isn't the commencement address.  on the downside, they paid this brainless tramp $32K for brilliant insights such as :

“When you’re tan, you feel better about yourself,” she said, as words of wisdom for the students. “Study hard, but party harder.” Parents, of course, are up in arms about this.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email