[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 03, 2024, 12:59:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should Michael Vick be forgiven?
Yes, he has paid his debt - 3 (60%)
No, and probably never - 1 (20%)
it remains to be seen - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Michael Vick Paid His Debt to Society?  (Read 4888 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 07:44:22 PM »

I think he paid his debt and then same, frankly. He served his time and the NFL is letting him play again.

He served TWO years in jail while Stallworth served 24 days for killing a human being.

Our justice system amazes me sometimes.

I say let him play.

Well, I do agree that our justice system is quite unfair sometimes.  I don't think the NFL commissioner should have prevented him from being signed, but at the same time, what he did is quite disgusting and I'm hoping he did learn a lesson about it (and not the lesson of, I need to hide things better).

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Vonne

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »

Short and sweet answer:  Yes, he's paid his debt and should be allowed to pursue gainful employment, including the NFL.

Unsweetened answer:  Professional sports are an entertainment business.  His infamy which could attract fans or repulse them, will likely have an effect on his earnings and rightfully so.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email