[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 05, 2024, 12:02:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gmail service goes down -- again  (Read 1372 times)
Wretched Excess

« on: September 24, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »

this is getting old.  it's only an annoyance for me, but google is aggressively pushing it's apps into enterprise environments.  if my corporate email relied on gmail, and it was down this often, I would be pissed.

Gmail service goes down -- again

The popular Web-based e-mail service from Google Inc. has crashed several times in recent months. That's led to a bit of anger, and sarcastic sighs of despair, on tech blogs and on the micro-blogging site Twitter.

Google posted a note Thursday morning saying it is aware that some people are experiencing an e-mail outage. The Mountain View, California, company did not offer an explanation in the post or immediately return a request for comment.

"We're aware of a problem with Google Mail affecting a small subset of users. The affected users are unable to access Google Mail, but we've provided a workaround below," the company wrote on its apps dashboard.

Google says people who have signed up for a service to run Gmail off of their computer hard drives, instead of the Web, should be able to use the service through the crash.

Google's post says the company will release more details about the partial crash later Thursday.

More
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email