[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
May 01, 2024, 06:05:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxer: 'Climategate' hackers should be prosecuted  (Read 1231 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: December 02, 2009, 04:55:34 PM »

the junk science isn't the point, the fact that the junk science was EXPOSED is the point?  good GOD.

now, I agree that if this was the result of hacking (I have also read that the emails were released by a "whistleblower") that the hack should be investigated.  but if global-changing-climate-warming is based on science that has been falsified in any way, it's a very VERY big deal that congressional dems should carefully consider, especially with that cap-and-trade monstrosity lurking in the shadows.

Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'

Leaked e-mails allegedly undermining climate change science should be treated as a criminal matter, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Wednesday afternoon.

Boxer, the top Democrat on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, said that the recently released e-mails, showing scientists allegedly overstating the case for climate change, should be treated as a crime.

"You call it 'Climategate'; I call it 'E-mail-theft-gate,'" she said during a committee meeting. "Whatever it is, the main issue is, Are we facing global warming or are we not? I'm looking at these e-mails, that, even though they were stolen, are now out in the public."

The e-mails, from scientists at the University of East Anglia, were obtained through hacking. The messages showed the director of the university's Climate Research Unit discussing ways to strengthen the unit's case for global warming. Climate change skeptics have seized on the e-mails, arguing that they demonstrate manipulation in environmental science.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email