[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
April 23, 2024, 08:02:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rejecting the Keystone pipeline is an act of insanity  (Read 3055 times)
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 09:15:51 PM »

it's not about the details.  it's about the idea.  the obamites want to kill or complicate anything that looks like fossil fuels

I like how you just change the subject.  The details don't fit your narrative...then it must be about something else!  A ≠ B, so A must = C!

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
natstew

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »

The Governor of Nebrask was on TV upporting he pipeline, said they have already approved a new rout and that it was Obama holding it up.

Any way you spin it, it's political. Obama is trying not to upset the treehuggers.
Canada will sell the oil to China, who is already begging for it. Obama has already said, "For my energy plan to work energy prices must necessarily skyrocket". The foolish thinking is in the voters heads who voted for him.
natstew

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 09:21:03 PM »

I think it's just hopeful thinking on some people's part.  TransCanada has already said they'd submit a new permit once the route through Nebraska was set, as the Obama administration told them to do.  Even if they did start it in the US, once they wanted to connect the US portion to the Canadian portion they'd have to get federal approval.  There's no way to completely build the pipeline from Canada to Texas without any federal approval. 

The rout was all approved except for the part through Nebraska, and the State, not the Feds was holding that up. Now the State has approved the new rout, it's totally Obama holding the project up
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »

The Governor of Nebrask was on TV upporting he pipeline, said they have already approved a new rout and that it was Obama holding it up.

Any way you spin it, it's political. Obama is trying not to upset the treehuggers.
Canada will sell the oil to China, who is already begging for it. Obama has already said, "For my energy plan to work energy prices must necessarily skyrocket". The foolish thinking is in the voters heads who voted for him.

The rout was all approved except for the part through Nebraska, and the State, not the Feds was holding that up. Now the State has approved the new rout, it's totally Obama holding the project up

No, the pipeline through Nebraska is not done.  The Nebraska governor has said it'll be done Aug/Sept.  

Though the president just rejected a permit for the controversial project, Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman told Fox News that he expects to send the Obama administration a new proposed route for the pipeline well before Election Day.

"I fully expect we could get it done certainly in the early September, August time frame," the governor told Fox News on Thursday. "I would send the letter back to the president of the United States saying we approve it and if he were decisive, he could turn around and approve it shortly thereafter, well before the November election."

Fox News

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
Vonne

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »

Any way you spin it, it's political.

The Governor of Nebraska is a tool, he was completely against it in the form that went to Obama.

...after Obama did exactly what him and 100% of the voting members of the state house wanted

He changed his tune, to realign with the republican rhetoric.  That's pathetic. 

FWIW, future skyrocketing energy prices were not a creation of Obama.  The corporate planning and structuring for them, began and were birthed during the Bush administration.  Not that I'm placing the blame on him, but if one places the blame on Obama, I fail to see how Bush can not be considered even more at fault. 
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 09:29:43 PM »

FWIW, future skyrocketing energy prices were not a creation of Obama.  The corporate planning and structuring for them, began and were birthed during the Bush administration.  Not that I'm placing the blame on him, but if one places the blame on Obama, I fail to see how Bush can not be considered even more at fault. 

And the oil from the pipeline will be sold on the open market - I think people forget that and think since it's refined in the US it'll stay in the US, which isn't true. 

natstew

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 09:34:29 PM »

Inflation of the dollar has a great deal to do with the price of oil. Every time Obama prints another trillion dollars it lowers the value of the dollar that much more, raising the price of oil accordingly.

The delay of the pipeline effects speculation raising it even more. While he's President, It's all on Obama. Remember, "the buck stops here" thingy?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:36:05 PM by natstew » Logged
Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 09:36:34 PM »

Inflation of the dollar has a great deal to do with the price of oil. Every time Obama prints another trillion dollars it lowers the value of the dollar that much more, raising the price of oil accordingly.

The delay of the pipeline effects speculation raising it even more. While he's President, It's all on Obama. Remember, "the buck stopps here" thingy?

I don't think this pipeline effects speculation nearly as much as the unrest in OPEC nations. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email