[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
October 29, 2020, 11:53:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Efforts to Ban Circumcision Gain Traction in California  (Read 2567 times)
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

The Stink Eye is Watching You, Barry

« on: June 04, 2011, 08:11:14 pm »

the joke the california has become is deeply depressing.  it's embarrassing to tell people that I was born there.

and people like this silly, self-obsessed, and probably anti-semitic woman are oblivious to the the whole thing.  and why are liberals always SO gawddam obsessed with everyone's ugly bits?

Efforts to Ban Circumcision Gain Traction in California

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — When a group of activists proposed banning circumcision in San Francisco last fall, many people simply brushed them aside. Even in that liberal seaside city, it seemed implausible that thousands of people would support an effort to outlaw an ancient ritual that Jews and Muslims believe fulfills a commandment issued by God.

But last month, the group collected the more than 7,100 signatures needed to get a measure on the fall ballot that would make it illegal to snip the foreskin of a minor within city limits. Now a similar effort is under way in Santa Monica to get such a measure on the ballot for November 2012.

If the anticircumcision activists (they prefer the term “intactivists”) have their way, cities across the country may be voting on whether to criminalize a practice that is common in many American hospitals. Activists say the measures would protect children from an unnecessary medical procedure, calling it “male genital mutilation.”

“This is the furthest we’ve gotten, and it is a huge step for us,” said Matthew Hess, an activist based in San Diego who wrote both bills.

Mr. Hess has created similar legislation for states across the country, but those measures never had much traction. Now he is fielding calls from people who want to organize similar movements in their cities.

More

"Dumb people elect dumb people." -- Natstew
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 07:13:50 pm »

i just do not understand why? Why band it? I know it will affect the Jews, yet is this the only reason behind this?
jafo2010

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:40:06 am »

No, it is not the only reason.

Circumcision, also known as male genital mutilation or MGM, is considered barbaric by many today.  Does anyone know how it came to be common practice in the USA?  Well, subsequent to the GREAT WAR, World War I, it was decided that having all men circumcised at birth would reduce the problems of infection with trench warfare.

Other than people of the Jewish and Islamic faith, NO ONE ELSE other than the USA practices circumcision.  I think the ban has nothing to do with insulting followers of one faith or another, and more precisely to do with ending the mutilation of newly born male babies as a standard practice that makes pyhsicians a quick $500-1,000 per procedure for 3 minutes work.
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:30:51 am »

some people hate anything that is traditional or established simply because it is traditional or established.  some people hate anything that can be linked to a religion.  some people get carried away with shifting, fashionable opinion.  some people get their rocks off attacking anything that looks like the "status quo".  (we elected one off those president a couple of years ago).  and some people really, really hate jewish people.

i just do not understand why? Why band it? I know it will affect the Jews, yet is this the only reason behind this?

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:35:24 am »

horsecrap.  although, it's worth mentioning that circumcision rates have fallen in canada and the UK because it is not covered by their nationalized health care system. 

think about that one for a minute.  a government board decides the fate of foreskin everywhere.

No, it is not the only reason.

Circumcision, also known as male genital mutilation or MGM, is considered barbaric by many today.  Does anyone know how it came to be common practice in the USA?  Well, subsequent to the GREAT WAR, World War I, it was decided that having all men circumcised at birth would reduce the problems of infection with trench warfare.

Other than people of the Jewish and Islamic faith, NO ONE ELSE other than the USA practices circumcision.  I think the ban has nothing to do with insulting followers of one faith or another, and more precisely to do with ending the mutilation of newly born male babies as a standard practice that makes pyhsicians a quick $500-1,000 per procedure for 3 minutes work.

jafo2010

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 01:29:22 pm »

I seriously doubt that in SUPER SUPER LIBERAL San Francisco that the motivation is due to anything religious.

What I stated above is fact.  The ONLY reason we adopted universal circumcision in the USA was after World War I, due to trench infections, etc.  We no longer adhere to that type of warfare.  Our approach to warfare now is drop, fight, and depart.  We do not stay long enough to require a change of underwear.  It is all part of the same strategy used in Vietnam.  Perhaps we should call it the PERPETUAL WAR STRATEGY, for we surely do not do anything to WIN!

And if you think what we are doing in Afghanistan or Iraq is a winning strategy, just wait.  We will withdraw, just like Vietnam.  And don't be surprised if it is a Republican president that ultimately affects said withdrawal.

We are depleting our treasury, just like Russia, and we WILL PAY the price.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 11:00:14 pm »

horsecrap.  although, it's worth mentioning that circumcision rates have fallen in canada and the UK because it is not covered by their nationalized health care system. 

think about that one for a minute.  a government board decides the fate of foreskin everywhere.

Gumbermint involved in someones penis......... just wrong...
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 04:43:20 pm »

no, but it's quite likely motivated (at least in part) by hatred of religion, which is what I actually said.

I seriously doubt that in SUPER SUPER LIBERAL San Francisco that the motivation is due to anything religious.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 07:45:54 pm »

Backer of circumcision ban pulling out

http://www.smdp.com/Articles-c-2011-06-06-71950.113116-Backer-of-circumcision-ban-pulling-out.html

CITYWIDE — In response to the rising backlash against a proposed initiative that would have made circumcision for minors a criminal act, the main proponent of the measure announced her intention to withdraw the measure Monday.

Jena Troutman, administrator of www.wholebabyrevolution.com and certified lactation educator, said that it was never her intention to get into the "religious aspect" of the circumcision debate. Jewish groups feel the initiative is an attack on their religion, which calls for infants to be circumcised.
jafo2010

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 09:57:51 pm »

Fortunately, the fact that this was a news story may well reduce the number of male children subjected to male genital mutilation.

Miss Mia
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 10:51:28 pm »

no, but it's quite likely motivated (at least in part) by hatred of religion, which is what I actually said.

I don't think there was an anti-religion reasoning behind the proposed ban.  There are plenty of people that really do believe male circumcision is unnecessary and mutilation. 

Honestly, other than religion, there's no reason for boys to be circumcised routinely.  If an infant is having issues later with UTIs, etc. then it could be necessary, but living in a time with ample sources of clean bathing water there's no need to routinely do it.

"I have the nerve to walk my own way, however hard, in my search for reality, rather than climb upon the rattling wagon of wishful illusions." - Zora Neale Hurston
JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 09:57:22 am »

those people simply choose to not perform the procedure on their progeny.  those that want to ban it by law are zealots, for whatever reason, anti-religious fervor undeniably among them.  and those "plenty of people" that choose to use the word "mutilation" in the same conversation as "circumcision" are grinding a different ax.  it's hysterical, inaccurate, and designed to deceive as many people as possible.

and let's just say that I disagree with your declamations on public health, and leave it at that.  I am sure it would lead to "dueling links", and I don't play "dueling links". 

I don't think there was an anti-religion reasoning behind the proposed ban.  There are plenty of people that really do believe male circumcision is unnecessary and mutilation. 

Honestly, other than religion, there's no reason for boys to be circumcised routinely.  If an infant is having issues later with UTIs, etc. then it could be necessary, but living in a time with ample sources of clean bathing water there's no need to routinely do it.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 10:03:14 am »

it was a news story in the people's republic of san fransisco.  the potential constitutional rights of dog sh*t was a story in san fransisco. people ahve learned to dismiss the idiocy that oozes out of this swamp.

anyway, people can do what they want with the end of their male children's penis for all I care, as long as it isn't an act of government. 

the "lactation educator" threw in the towel because she was half cocked (no pun intended) in the first place.  it was a ridiculous idea. 

Fortunately, the fact that this was a news story may well reduce the number of male children subjected to male genital mutilation.

JohnBrowdie
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:06:04 am »

great link.  read the story if you want to see the sort of shrub ****ers and dirt munchers that were pushing this absurdity.  they are definitely part of the "back to the womb" movement;  people that killed so many braincells in high school that drooling over other people's baby's foreskins is the best idea they've got.

jafo2010

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 11:42:13 am »

I read the link, and I find nothing that makes this woman a nut job.

The fact remains that performing circumcision on new borns is barbaric at best.  And I did learn something new.  I did not know that the Pediatric Association of Scoundrels (doctors) established an anti-circumcision policy.  Since when did doctors care about procedures that were unnecessary when money is to be made?  Since when?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email