[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
November 18, 2018, 10:26:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Hollywood  (Read 426 times)
jafo2010

« on: March 07, 2018, 03:04:58 pm »

Well, the Oscars were held on Sunday past, and they had the 2nd smallest audience I believe in the last umpteen years.  Is that a surprise to anyone?  They have gone liberal fruitloop nuts for the last couple decades, and half the population have said they have had enough.

Receipts at the box office are the lowest in 25 years.   At $11-12 a ticket, and more in certain areas of the country, that means a lot of empty seats.  I used to attend every major film released that was not animated.  Sitting here now, I cannot honestly tell you the last movie I went to see.  I used to purchase every movie I liked on VHS, and then DVD when it came out, now I cannot tell you the last DVD I purchased.  I have about 1,000 DVDs and about the same in VHS, and I doubt I will buy any DVDs this year at all.  I don't watch the ones I have now, and when I do watch a movie, I have the sense I just watched it not that long ago.

Hollywood is dying, there is no question.  How do I know this?  Well, when actors like Bruce Willis do a remake of Death Wish, you know there is something terribly wrong in Hollywood.  The original Death Wish was not that great a movie to begin with.  I always liked Charles Bronson, but I never thought it was one of his better movies.  And I like Bruce Willis, but I have no desire to see the remake.

Someone on TV the other day said how many times do they need to remake the same movie?  Mutiny on the Bounty  was made four times, not counting the TV version movie.  Aren't we due for a remake of it?  We have had Clark Gable, Marlon Brando, and Mel Gibson as Fletcher Christian.  Who is the leading hunk yearning for that role today?  Heck, its been over 34 years since Gibson did his stuff.

With the changes in the demographics in America, Hollywood will decline further.  Living in Atlanta, we have Bollywood movies showing in many theaters here because of the large Indian population.  America is changing and becoming less dependent on Hollywood for its entertainment.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 08:50:03 pm »

I saw the oscars......horrible. viva mexico one winner yelled....go to mexico and win that. All remakes bugs me as well. Now a days will not watch if certain actors are in the films...the list is long. Hollywood is on a downward spiral.

With the changes in the demographics in America, Hollywood will decline further.  Living in Atlanta, we have Bollywood movies showing in many theaters here because of the large Indian population.  America is changing and becoming less dependent on Hollywood for its entertainment.

Nice to hear that. Death Wish saw a coming attraction...so violent will not watch and I like bruce. Good post jafo.
apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:55:52 pm »

Well, the Oscars were held on Sunday past, and they had the 2nd smallest audience I believe in the last umpteen years.  Is that a surprise to anyone?  They have gone liberal fruitloop nuts for the last couple decades, and half the population have said they have had enough.

Receipts at the box office are the lowest in 25 years.   At $11-12 a ticket, and more in certain areas of the country, that means a lot of empty seats.  I used to attend every major film released that was not animated.  Sitting here now, I cannot honestly tell you the last movie I went to see.  I used to purchase every movie I liked on VHS, and then DVD when it came out, now I cannot tell you the last DVD I purchased.  I have about 1,000 DVDs and about the same in VHS, and I doubt I will buy any DVDs this year at all.  I don't watch the ones I have now, and when I do watch a movie, I have the sense I just watched it not that long ago.

Hollywood is dying, there is no question.  How do I know this?  Well, when actors like Bruce Willis do a remake of Death Wish, you know there is something terribly wrong in Hollywood.  The original Death Wish was not that great a movie to begin with.  I always liked Charles Bronson, but I never thought it was one of his better movies.  And I like Bruce Willis, but I have no desire to see the remake.

Someone on TV the other day said how many times do they need to remake the same movie?  Mutiny on the Bounty  was made four times, not counting the TV version movie.  Aren't we due for a remake of it?  We have had Clark Gable, Marlon Brando, and Mel Gibson as Fletcher Christian.  Who is the leading hunk yearning for that role today?  Heck, its been over 34 years since Gibson did his stuff.

I watched the Oscars this year, first time in a long time. It was worse I have ever seen. You post is spot on. Hollywood has done this to themselves, they mouth off at us and think we will still watch their films. They deserve this, movies are horrible. I like Bruce Willis saw a clip of that new film...horrible he drops a car on a bad guy, way to violent for me.
jafo2010

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 09:26:30 pm »

They advertised that scene right on TV.  Incredible!

And they wander why young people are shooting up schools.

apples
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:29:48 pm »

They advertised that scene right on TV.  Incredible!

And they wander why young people are shooting up schools.

They want people to shoot up schools, they gotta take away our gun rights.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email