[x]
Welcome to the Stink Eye Discussion Forum!
Join the Discussion! Click Here for Instant Registration.
The Stink Eye Conservative Forum; Politics, News, Republican Election Headquarters
July 28, 2017, 04:52:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump on NATO: 'It's no longer obsolete'  (Read 156 times)
apples
Global Moderator

« on: April 12, 2017, 07:34:53 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-nato-longer-obsolete/story?id=46748789

President Donald Trump reversed course on his view of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization on Wednesday, saying it is "no longer obsolete," after months of bashing the alliance as no longer relevant during his presidential campaign.

"I said it was obsolete. It's no longer obsolete," he said at a press conference with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at the White House.

"The secretary general and I had a productive discussion about what more NATO can do in the fight against terrorism," Trump said. "I complained about that a long time ago, and they made a change, and now they do fight terrorism.
jafo2010

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:25:21 pm »

NATO as structured is not so much obsolete as it is unfair.  The USA is footing 73% of the bill, and I believe it should be 10-20%.  It is time for Europe and particularly Germany to pick up their share of the cost and manpower/equipment requirements.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact Us by Email